Focused On Sense Making: Consolidate To Understand
Highlights, Summary and Independent Practice: The Turkey Problem (4:16 )
- Prior to viewing: What strategies come to mind when you think about effective consolidation? What would an educator be thinking about, doing, or modelling with students?
- While viewing the video, what do you notice the teacher doing? What are the students doing?
- After viewing: What key ideas regarding consolidation emerged for you? What further learning might you and your school community engage in regarding effective consolidation strategies or processes?
Understanding and Using Fractions, Decimals and Ratios (12:43)
- While viewing the video, consider how the ideas shared might further inform or influence practice and impact student learning.
- What further questions do you have?
- What additional information, resources and supports are needed?
- What are some specific next steps that can be taken based on what has been learned from this video?