Home > Teacher’s Guide > Page 4 >
These curated videos have been selected to help you gain a deeper understanding of the above selection from “Focusing on the Fundamentals of Math – A Teachers Guide”.
Shifts in Math Education (1:53)
- Prior to viewing: What are the key features that come to mind when you consider “engagement in mathematical learning”? Why does engagement matter? What approaches are you finding engage students and promote further success? How do you know?
- While viewing the video, what are some important messages that you are hearing? What questions arise for you? What resonates or challenges your thinking?
- After viewing: What might be some implications for learning and teaching based on what you have heard?
What about the algorithm? (1:29)
Beginning to Understand Fractions as Division (4:40)
A Mini Lesson: Making Mathematics Explicit (8:16)
- While viewing the video, consider how the ideas shared might further inform or influence practice and impact student learning.
- What further questions do you have?
- What additional information, resources and supports are needed?
- What are some specific next steps that can be taken based on what has been learned from this video?
This curated list of documents have been selected to help you gain a deeper understanding of the above selection from “Focusing on the Fundamentals of Math – A Teachers Guide”. Each link will take you directly to the relevant section within the document.