Monitoring: Be Present To The Learning
Questioning and Monitoring (1:00)
- While viewing the video, consider how the ideas shared might further inform or influence practice and impact student learning.
- What further questions do you have?
- What additional information, resources and supports are needed?
- What are some specific next steps that can be taken based on what has been learned from this video?
Monitoring Without Leading (3:24)
- Prior to viewing: What strategies come to mind when you think about effective questioning or prompting within learning opportunities? What would an educator be thinking about, doing, or facilitating with students?
- While viewing the video, what are are you noticing? What are some key messages that emerge for you? What resonates or challenges your thinking?
- After viewing: What key ideas regarding questioning emerged for you? What further learning might you and your school community engage in regarding use of effective questioning strategies and prompts for learning?