Home > Teacher’s Guide > Page 4 >
These curated videos have been selected to help you gain a deeper understanding of the above selection from “Focusing on the Fundamentals of Math – A Teachers Guide”.
1.3 Mastering Math Facts (7:13)
- Prior to viewing: What comes to mind when you hear the term “Fundamentals”? What is currently in place supporting the work around the focus on fundamentals in your classroom, school community or across your system?
- While viewing the video, what key messages are being shared? What questions emerge for you?
- After viewing: What are some key “takeaways” you will further consider with your school community? Why are these important messages to consider for your students and school community?
Strategies for Mental Calculation – Cathy Fosnot (2:46)
- While viewing the video, consider how the ideas shared might further inform or influence practice and impact student learning.
- What further questions do you have?
- What additional information, resources and supports are needed?
- What are some specific next steps that can be taken based on what has been learned from this video?
More Videos on: Various ways math facts can be understood.
This curated list of documents have been selected to help you gain a deeper understanding of the above selection from “Focusing on the Fundamentals of Math – A Teachers Guide”. Each link will take you directly to the relevant section within the document.
Fractions Across the Curriculum – Capacity Building Series
A Guide to Effective Instruction in Mathematics, Gr 4-6, Number Sense and Numeration Vol 5, Fractions
A Guide to Effective Instruction in Mathematics, Gr K-6, Number Sense and Numeration Vol 1, The Big Ideas
A Guide to Effective Instruction in Mathematics, Gr 4-6, Patterning and Algebra
The Mathematical Territory Between Direct Modelling and Proficiency, What Works